Posts Tagged ‘mud bugs’

More on the State of Louisiana Crawfish

Not long after I posted my mini-rant on the difficulty of securing genuine Louisiana crawfish in the District, I received an e-mail from Rene LeBreton under the subject line: Loved your crawfish article "The Sourcing Game." With a name like LeBreton, I knew Rene had to be from Louisiana. LeBreton, in fact, is the assistant executive […]

The Sourcing Game: Are Those Crawfish from Louisiana or China?

Customers were shelling out for those "Louisiana" crawfish You can lay your hands on just about anything in D.C. Endangered bluefin tuna? Go to Sushi Taro (where the guilt is almost as rich as the fish). Genuine Japanese kobe? Head to BLT Steak (where you'll shell out $26 per ounce for the buttery beef). Wild […]

It’s Louisiana Crawfish Season But Where the Hell Can You Get Them?

One of the subjects in this mini-documentary on Louisiana crawfish claims that, at some point, 95 percent of the mud bugs were consumed right there in the Pelican State. "My first reaction was," the subject tells the camera crew, "'How are we letting the other 5 percent get away?'" Well, they certainly aren't sneaking their way to D.C., at […]

...