Kitchen Fire at Tune Inn: Not as Catastrophic as Previously Thought
Twitter was aflutter this morning with reports of fire at Capitol Hill's iconic dive bar and restaurant The Tune Inn. According to The Huffington Post: "The extent of the damage was initially reported as catastrophic by distraught fans of the bar, but the front of the establishment remains largely undamaged. A grease fire was contained to the kitchen." D.C. Fire and EMS reports the cause as accidental and estimates the total damage at $75,000. Councilmember Tommy Wells has posted a photo of the aftermath; TBD has more.