Food News You Can Use: Cava and Mamma Lucia to Join Forces?
It's Monday, so let's get straight to the news ...
- The space occupying the former Mar de Plata restaurant at 1827 Jefferson Place NW will soon be transformed to house St. Arnold's of Jefferson Place, a Belgian restaurant and pub. (Prince of Petworth)
- Alejandra Owens takes a holiday stroll through the Dupont Circle FreshFarm Market and lives to tell about it! (Borderstan)
- Old-school baking twine and donut-shaped donut makers? Yeah, these are just a few holiday gift ideas from the Cakespy herself for that baker in your family. (Serious Eats)
- In a Justice League-esque kind of move, the owners of Cava will be joining forces with the owners of Mamma Lucia in order to open Sugo Macaroni and Pizza Bar in Potomac early next spring. (Bethesda magazine)
- Maybe, just maybe, fruitcake isn't the most awful thing in this world. Liz Stevenson gives readers her tips on how to actually enjoy eating the holiday treat. (Northern Virginia magazine)
- In some rather sad and unfortunate news, Petworth's beloved Sweet Mango Cafe experienced a fire over the weekend causing "moderate damage" and thankfully no injuries. (Prince of Petworth)
- It's the most wonderful time of the year: where to get your candy cane martinis, Crown Royal gingersnaps, and a whole slew of other festive holiday cocktails. (Northern Virginia magazine)
- Looks like Roberto Donna may have some more trouble ahead of him: A judge ordered the Galileo III chef to pay $527,000 in back pay, damages, and legal fees to 12 workers who have sued him over the previous two decades. (WaPo)
- Completely out of gift ideas? How about a D.C. Metro Chocolate Tour? This two-and-a-half hour walking tour will cover a good deal of the District's decadent landscape, hitting spots such as Biagio Fine Chocolates, Hello Cupcake, and Chocolate Chocolate. (Thrillist)
- Girl Meets Food gives us her rundown of winter comfort foods for the cold nights ahead of us. S'mores by the Ritz-Carlton of Georgetown's fireplace anyone? (Girl Meets Food)
- The Arlington Rooftop Bar and Grill in Courthouse opened today and is currently seating its first customers. The actual rooftop component will not be ready for patrons until early spring however. (ARLnow)
Photo courtesy of Cava.