Food News You Can Use: Turkey Cakes and a Budding Four Loko Black Market
- The long-awaited Chicago-style hot dog joint, ChiDogO's, officially opens today at 1934 14th St. NW.
- The husband-and-wife duo behind Cork Market and Cork Wine Bar, Diane Gross and Khalid Pitts, offer their takes on which wines to choose for Thanksgiving dinner. (Metrocurean)
- Sette Bello closed its doors over the weekend at 3101 Wilson Blvd. in Arlington to make way for yet another American Tap Room. (ARLnow)
- Ping Pong Dim Sum is already on the hunt for a third location despite still working on its second spot in Dupont. (Washington Business Journal)
- Greg Kitsock looks at what the Gordon Biersch/Rock Bottom merger will mean for the local brewpub market. (All We Can Eat)
- After a soft opening this weekend, chef David Guas will officially launch his highly anticipated Bayou Bakery today in Courthouse.
- What to do with all your Turkey Day leftovers? Why, bake a cake of course! (Serious Eats)
- Wanna break a few rules this Thanksgiving? Try Alejandra Owens' recipe for "Alejandra's Fabulous Goat Cheese Cheesecake." (Borderstan)
- New "urban village" Park Potomac is attracting a wide range of new restaurants, including the second outpost of The Wine Harvest. (Bethesda magazine)
- As a ban on the notorious malt liquor-infused energy drink Four Loko swiftly approaches, one American University student is foreseeing the future and purchasing cans in bulk. (WeLoveDC)
- Proof is offering a five-course dinner with noted winemaker Michael Browne of Kosta Browne Winery and Jemrose Winery on Nov. 29. (Girl Meets Food)
Photo by Jessie Oleson (aka Cakespy) via SeriousEats.com