Food News You Can Use: Cheap Eats Edition
The half-smoke is coming to RFK
Yes, it's that time again. Time for me to catch up on my favorite food sites and pass along the cream of the crop. Let's jump right in.
- Trader Joe's says it'll sell only sustainable seafood by the end of 2012. (WaPo's All We Can Eat)
- Zola's Wine & Kitchen is starting a farmers in residence program. (WBJ's Top Shelf)
- Screw Kellari Taverna's $100 martini. Endless Simmer has a $5 version.
- RFK Stadium is getting some new concession options, including President Sarkozy's favorite, Ben's Chili Bowl. (DCist)
- Who says there's no such thing as a free meal? Urbana has one tomorrow. (Metrocurean)
- Gut Check asked Fabio Trabocchi what he thinks about the new tenant at his former Maestro space.
- Congress is desperately trying to improve child nutrition in public schools. (NYT's Diner's Journal)