The Readers Had Their Say in 2009, Too
As the primary author of the Young & Hungry blog, I release a lot of gas into the ether. Sometimes you readers find it noxious enough to disperse with your own counterattack. It can make for an engaging round of online gasbagging. Just take a look at the four examples that Editor Andrew and I cobbled together for this week's Y&H column.
You readers are frickin' vicious. Thank your stars you aren't Barton Seaver — or Y&H for that matter.
Just for the fun of it, I also rounded up 22 other blog items that generated a lot of commentary last year. You can see them after the jump.
- Five Guys' Supporters Rush to the Defense of the Chain Burger
- Saigon Bistro: A Best of D.C. Contender or Just a Pretender?
- Michel Richard Plans to Move His Home Base to Tysons Corner
- The Latest on Roberto Donna and the Resurrection of Galileo
- Orange Juice Should Never Include Ice Cubes
- Former Used-Car Lot in Trinidad to Get a New Ride — a Diner Car
- Are All Beer Taxes Bad?
- D.C.'s a Great Beer City, Chapter 1
- My Top 5 Desert Island Beers. What Are Yours?
- What Did Your $10 Ticket Get You at the Safeway Barbecue Battle?
- Your Last Beer on Earth: What Do the Pros Say?
- Does D.C. Have a Signature Dish or Not?
- Minibar Would Be the Toughest Reservation in America, if D.C. Were a Foodie Town
- Obama's Beer Meeting: Let the Lobbying Begin!
- Beer Geeks vs. Beer Snobs
- Budweiser Launches Select 55, Light Beer Arms Race Gets Absurd
- Top 5 Beer Menus in Columbia Heights
- Not So Fast: There's No Deal for a Ray's Hell Burger in Adams Morgan
- Oh, the Noise, Noise, Noise, Noise in Restaurants
- Seeking Nominees for City Paper's Inaugural D.C. Dish Hall of Fame
- When Should a Critic Just Trash a Place?
- When Should a Beer Critic Trash a Brew?
Photo by Darrow Montgomery