Tuesday has long been an excellent night to go a'drinking in DC. The Belgian Beer Happy Hour Bohemian Caverns used to have was a night we thoroughly enjoyed in our just-getting-into-beer days. We have managed to have plenty more tipsy Tuesdays as a result of the wealth of beer happy hour opportunities available in DC.
Many of you probably know about dchappyhours.com, which is the most exhaustive list of happy hours searchable by both neighborhood and day of the week. While an excellent and fairly up-to-date tool, it's not always the most useful resource for a couple like us, who care little for wine specials or $1 shooters. So, we thought we'd offer a quick list for your convenience.
Below are The Lagerheads' picks for Tuesday budget beer. Got other good spots for beer happy hours? Let us know in the comments–regardless of the day of the week.
- Birreria Paradiso – Easily the best deal in the city for quality and price, half-price beer, $5 appetizers, and special pizza deals go from 5:00 to 7:00pm. As we have mentioned in greater detail, get there early to claim a spot!
- L'Enfant Cafe – The half-price deal on all Belgian beers runs from 4:30 to 7:30pm. If you can't make it on a Tuesday, take advantage of today's groupon to go on another night in the next few months (but you can only use one per table–not as much fun).
- Cafe Mozart – Sylvia's accordion-accompanied German folks songs are enough of a reason to go. Beer specials ($5.65 half-liters–regularly $7.75 and $9.95 liters–regularly $13.75) and food specials (too many to list) go from 4:00pm to 7:00pm.
Deals on fresh local beer:
- Capitol City Brewing Company – Beer for $3.50 and half-price appetizers from 4:00 to 7:00pm.
- District Chophouse – Half price on a selection of their hand-crafted beers from 3:00 to 6:00pm.
- Gordon Biersch – $1 off lagers and $4.95 appetizer specials from 4:00 to 6:30pm.
Other good deals:
- Matchbox – $1 off all drafts except Belgian imports from 5:00 to 7:00pm. Luckily they have a nice list of domestic craft beers so you shouldn't miss those imports.
- The Big Hunt – $2.50 house drafts and 15 cent wings from 4:00 to 7:00pm. Not sure how limited "house" drafts is but worth looking into.