Daily Food Blog Roundup: Eat It, Yankee Stadium!
So the Yanks want the proles to subsist on Nathan's Famous in their new playpen, eh? The very stadium that taxpayers, both rich and poor, are helping to bankroll? And what does Alice Waters think about the new White House garden? Today's roundup has the answers.
- Eater tells Yankee Stadium operators to eat it after learning the best food in the ball park will be reserved for the upper crust only. Y&H has heard a rumor that A-Rod will be supplying hookers for those in the pricey seats, too.
- Corby's Fresh Feeds gives a call to Alice Waters to gauge her reaction on the White House garden. Well, gee, what do you think her reaction is?
- Best Bites Blog continues its Burger Brackets contest, this one pitting Matchbox vs. EatBar. Y&H believes the best burgers have already crumbled.
- Obama Foodorama finds out who in the administration are real foodies. Rahm is a member of a Chicago CSA? We suspect he wants bitter greens only.
- ZagatBuzz has compiled a short list of restaurants that will celebrate the Cherry Blossom Festival with dishes actually incorporating the famous Japanese tree. No, this is not a Euell Gibbons moment.
Photo by Yogma