Daily Food Blog Roundup: Late Edition
So where the hell has this day gone? Why is it after 8 p.m., and I have only four blog items posted, none of them named Daily Food Blog Roundup? And why am I thinking like an editor when I should be sneaking out the door, hoping the editors are too busy with the Best of D.C. issue to notice my lack of production? Tough questions.
Easier solution: A late edition of the roundup.
- Capital Spice gives some love to Sidamo, which is one of my absolute favorite coffee shops in the District. I really hope the ugly street construction down there doesn't do to H Street NE businesses what it did to some along P Street NW near Dupont Circle.
- Mouthing Off reminds us that Saturday is National Corn Dog Day, which can mean only one thing: Many of us aren't going to feel so good on Sunday.
- Slashfood tells us about Marvin "Popcorn" Sutton, a Tennessee moonshiner who apparently killed himself rather than report to prison. There's got to be a joke about sour mash here somewhere, but I don't have the heart to make it.
- Diner's Journal has the details on Per Se's concession to the recession: a limited a la carte menu in the lounge. Has the economy made Per Se more Pas Se?
- DCFud wants brunch to become a daily habit, not just one reserved for the weekends. Hmm, Y&H smells a smackdown with Jule Banville over this subject.