Daily Food Blog Roundup: No Blarney
Happy St. Patrick's Day, everyone. Y&H trusts that y'all are wearing green today or at least have a sixer of Guinness tucked into your desk drawer. To prime you for the evening's merriment, we offer an Irish-themed roundup.
- The Bitten Word has a recipe for Irish soda bread, from that notorious lass, Martha Stewart.
- Serious Eats has posted a video on how to make green beer, which strikes Y&H as a little obvious. What next? A video on how to wake up in the morning?
- Good Mood Food offers up a simple recipe for Irish stew, which includes (what else?) potatoes.
- FitSugar wants us to steer clear of artificially colored beer and try instead a different sort of green: a nice dish of braised kale. Sheesh, next thing you know, FitSugar will shame us about the calorie counts of Irish beer and whiskey.
- Food & Think gives us a brief history of the potatoe (Dan Quayle spelling) and how a French pharmacist (and former prisoner of war) became its biggest promoter.
Photo by faeryboots