Drink Up! It’s the 75th Anniversary of the Repeal of Prohibition
Everyone seems to be marking the 75th anniversary of the ratification of the 21st Amendment, which repealed that disgusting American experiment in ruining a good drunk. Some of the more interesting stories include:
- The Virginian-Pilot on Virginia's Prohibition history.
- USA Today on states relaxing restrictions on Sunday alcohol sales.
- Maureen Ogle in U.S. News on how governments have just "institutionalized the demonization of alcohol." (If you don't believe her, just read our cover story, "Pain in the Glass.")
- The Examiner on how one law-enforcement group would like to repeal the war on drugs.
- DCist on where to get your drink on for the big anniversary.
Image by Flickr user antoinedemorris.