* The New Gay is looking for stories of people affected by a lack of ENDA. "Fired from your job for being gay, lesbian, bi or trans? Do you feel that no one cares about your lack of livelihood born from our governments systematic betrayal of its own people? Now you can do [...]
Posts Tagged ‘The New Gay’
* At Slate, Emily Gould argues that feminist blogs are motivated by jealousy:
* D.C. Mayoral candidate Leo Alexander only has 700 bucks in the war chest, and $200 of it came from Phyllis Schlafly's Eagle Forum. That's rough, dude.
*Broadsheet's Tracy Clark-Flory reports on an X-ray manufacturer's foray into the pin-up market. Clark-Flory's take: "damn, these skele-girls got femurs for daaays. As the Weekly Vice suggests, I guess the message here is that beauty isn't skin deep, after all. Or something." I think the real message here is that even Skeletors can look [...]
* Kelsey Wallace at Bitch: Does OKCupid separate the hots and the nots?
Attention Sexist readers: The good folks over at The New Gay want ya'll on their dance floor, so they're giving away two pairs of tickets to the District's "coed, trans-inclusive, straight-friendly alternative queer dance party," Homo/Sonic. The party, held this Friday on the Black Cat Mainstage, is sponsored by alt.dc.pride, which is producing a whole [...]
* Zack Rosen at The New Gay on the assumption that gay men love Sex and the City: "assumptions about my relationship to SATC make me about as angry as being called fabulous," he writes. "We’ve all gone on bad dates or slept with someone who never called us [...]
* Sady Doyle of Tiger Beatdown welcomes summer, and all the irrational fighting it brings. Kicking off fighting season for Doyle: Tequila-fueled feminist infighting!
Metro Weekly co-publishers Randy Shulman and Sean Bugg
This year, the DC Center—the sole community center serving the District’s gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender residents—will no longer be known as a “GLBT” community center. It will be known as a center for the “LGBT” community. It’s a simple transposition of two letters, but it offers [...]
For those of you who would rather do away with this whole marriage business instead of incorporating new groups into the institution, Canadian group Hidden Cameras have got your anthem: "Ban Marriage." Recently, eight of them squeezed into the Rock and Roll Hotel to perform the song for The New Gay. The traditional-marriage-averse lyrics include [...]