* In her final dispatch on the Buttman trial, porn director and performer Aurora Snow claims that LAPD Det. Michael Ozaki, a witness for the prosecution, is a fan:
Posts Tagged ‘morning after’
* Via GLAA Forum, The Nation reports on queer youth in juvenile detention facilities.
* At Slate, Emily Gould argues that feminist blogs are motivated by jealousy:
* Via Sociological Images, a recent Marie Claire fashion shoot declares that "nude is the new black." Except that by "nude," they mean "the color white people are." White people are the new black. It's science.
* Older, but good: Sex blogger Hey Epiphora on why writing about sex is not an invitation for harassment. Of interest to any reader who has ever, ever considered sending a message like this one to his favorite writer:
* Dan Savage weighs in on vajazzling:
* Writing in the Awl's Sex Offender week series, Sady Doyle goes long on Rivers Cuomo and why he (and his cute glasses) have messed you up "forever."
* Problem: girls in developing countries have a lower "school life expectancy" than boys. Is the solution as easy as sending over some sanitary pads? The World Bank has claimed that girls in developing countries "may miss up to 20 percent of school because of menstruation," but a new study by economists Emily Oster and [...]
* Today is "Boobquake," the day where women are encouraged to show excessive amounts of cleavage in order to disprove the theory of Iranian cleric Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi, who posited that scantily-dressed women cause earthquakes. Local participants are encouraged to haul their breasts over to Dupont Circle from noon to 12:30 p.m. As for me, [...]
As San Francisco Chronicle critic Peter Hartlaub deftly notes, "recent controversies made it more difficult for racier content to make it to your living room, starting with Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction during the 2004 Super Bowl halftime show and an upside-down clown that appeared to drink beer from its anus." But though this year, the [...]