The Morning After: Neutral Frowns Edition
My baby mouth was turned down, exactly like my fourth grade mouth, exactly like my mouth right now. That’s because that’s the neutral position for my mouth. . . . People have hassled me about this for pretty much my entire life and it got worse after I incurred some facial nerve damage. . . . And I’m constantly told to smile. By complete strangers in the street. By ‘friends.’ When I worked in retail, by customers.
* Heartless Doll's Kiara Kazebee spies a Boy Scouts Merit Badge for gaming, and she wants girls to have one too.
* Rediscover Sassy with Tavi of Style Rookie, who is reading the magazine for the first time. Rejoice at the Hilary Clinton = Courtney Love item. Recoil at the presence of Uggs in a fashion magazine from the early 90s. Take an unnatural interest in Thurston Moore's dating advice for tween girls.
* Important announcement: Cara at the Curvature is so fucking good at what she does.
* Susannah Breslin gets the weirdest fan mail. This one ends: "So, to make a long story short... I think you are great as you do get to speak Susannah's voice out of its silence. Woman... you are the man!!!"
* On Yes Means Yes!, how to bring the BDSM concept of the "safecall" to vanillas.
Photo from Sassy, via iluvrhinestones, Creative Commons Attribution License 2.0