National Day of Appreciation for Abortion Providers
And yet, those who provide them never get any love.
Today is National Day of Appreciation for Abortion Providers.
Yes, but how? Five ways to appreciate, after the jump:
5. Refrain from bombarding their homes and offices with death threats.
4. Revisit Patricia Meisol's Washington Post Magazine piece on med student Lesley Wojick's difficult choice: To be an abortion provider, or not to be an abortion provider. Spoiler alert: While I'm sure she's a nice girl, nobody is explicitly requsting that you appreciate Lesley Wojick today.
3. Check out President Obama's proposed rescission of President Bush's "conscience rule," and send Health and Human Services a comment in support. Or against, if you don't appreciate the National Day of Appreciation for Abortion Providers.
2. Write to the ACLU's Reproductive Freedom Project, co-sponsor of National Day of Appreciation for Abortion Providers, and suggest they spring for a shorter name next year to aid in appreciation.
1. Get them something nice, mmkay?
Photo by NCinDC.