$20,000 Inauguration Rental…In Mitchellville
Twenty minutes ago, I couldn't have even pointed you in the direction of Mitchellville, Maryland. Of course, through the magic of google, I can quickly learn that this town is roughly 15 miles outside of Washington, and 30 minutes away, according to my direction instructions.
Picture Annapolis. Picture D.C. It's about halfway between both. And, yes, for giddy out-of-towners eager to experience the "real Washington," that's outside the beltway. Very much so.
Consider now trying to make the Mitchellville/D.C. drive on say, January 20. You'll be battling the Prince George's County traffic into the city. You're probably looking at a solid hour and a half to two hours, if not more. Best to take the Metro orange line from New Carrollton, or even the MARC train.
Because it turns out, Mitchellville is not a "GREAT LOCATION" to plunk down and soak up the inauguration spirit. But, that's what one imaginative (read: insanely, insanely greedy) craigslister has dreamed up. No, I'm not kidding.
Hope just died. Long live avarice.
More beyond the jump.
$4,000 PER NIGHT- 5 NIGHTS MINIMUM-LARGE 5 BR, 6 full baths, 2 half baths LUXURY HOME LOCATED in Mitchellville, MD FOR RENT DURING INAUGURATION WEEK (January 16-21, 2009)
Coming to Washington, DC for the Obama Inauguration? Rent our house! Beautifully designed, fully-furnished 6 bedroom, 9 bath house available for rental during Obama Inauguration. This smoke-free house can accommodate up to 10 responsible, professional guests for January 16 thru 21, 2009. Owners will remain on premises in a separate suite.
GREAT LOCATION! It is near the Beltway and I-95, conveniently located near Metro stations, transportation to the Metro provided.
Details about the house include:
* A huge great room with hardwood floor and marble foyer, baby grand piano, formal living room and dining room, gas fireplace
* A large kitchen with granite countertops, ceramic floor, breakfast nook, attached family room with gas fireplace, hardwood floor, satellite TV
* 4 guest suites with queen beds, hardwood floor, each with cable TV and private bath, 3 with sitting area, 1 with balcony
* Second family room with cable TV, hardwood floor, washer/dryer area
* 1 guest suite with king bed, private bath, ceramic floor, cable TV
* Fully finished basement with Pergo flooring, gas fireplace, media area with media seating, projection system and 100 inch screen, satellite TV, pool table, covered/enclosed furnished patio, exercise room with 2 treadmills, 1 elliptical, 2 stationary bikes, weight machine, cable TV
* Large upper level patio with a gas grill and patio furniture (if the weather is good, of course)
* Driveway with plenty of parking space for additional cars in front of the house
* Hi-speed wireless internet
We are asking $20,000 for 5 nights. $4,000 non-refundable deposit up front required to take the house off the market, with the balance in full by December 31, 2008. Payments, to be made by bank check or money order; in addition a $3,000 security deposit will be required and will be refunded promptly upon leaving the house (assuming no damage, of course). Background check will be required.
Please do not hesitate to ask us if you have any questions about the house. Pictures of the house and rooms furnished upon request.