It’s Nearly 5 P.M., Where’s Your Millennial At?
The Washington Post keeps spewing its observations about millennials–this seemingly hard to define, but apparently homogenous generation that likes to spend all its recession-era money on frivolous shit.
City Desk has been keeping close tabs on this groundbreaking series, and based on our understanding of the reports, here's a breakdown of what the hippest generation in D.C. is doing right now.
- 35 percent: Drinking wine
- 25 percent: Eating at Doi Moi
- 13 percent: Searching for emerging neighborhoods in D.C.
- 10 percent: Googling recipes for canned garbanzo beans
- 8 percent: Thinking about moving to Montgomery County now that it might lift its hipness quotient
- 7 percent: Wondering why we didn't move to Montgomery County in February, when it was also going to get hipper
- 2 percent: Reading print editions of daily newspapers
Washington City Paper millennial and Gen X staffers contributed to this report.