This Week’s Issue: Hunger Games
Good morning! It's Thursday and you know the deal: Time to get your copy of City Paper. It's our best one ever.
- On the cover, contributor Kriston Capps has a profile of that guy—you know that guy—the artist who starved himself for statehood, occupied McPherson Square, and circumcised himself for art: Adrian Parsons.
- Also in arts, Mark Athitakis has a review of George Pelecanos' new novel, What It Was.
- Loose Lips' column this week is about one Danita Doleman and how her organization got caught up in the Harry Thomas Jr. scandal. Apparently it's former Mayor Adrian Fenty's fault!
- Lydia DePillis tries to find out what's happening behind the doors of the unlicensed International Graduate University.
- And last, but certainly not least, Chris Shott reports that D.C. chefs Robert Wiedmeir and Brian McBride have their sights set on Atlantic City.