Metro Bad News Roundup: Overtime Edition
The Metro system, once a reliable point of pride for D.C.'s boosters, has had a rough few years: Safety problems, escalator outages, and rising prices have made the subway a regular subject of local griping. At times, it can be hard to keep up with the torrent of unflattering Metro-related scoops. As a public service, Washington City Paper is offering beleaguered riders this irregular round-up of recent media lowlights:
- This weekend: Delays and construction on all but the Green line, shutting down the National Airport stop.
- The Metro may put a cap on numbers of hours employees can work after a new report states that they might be overworked.
- Dulles Metrorail goes to Phase 2.
- GGW asks why Farragut Crossing takes longer on the weekends?
- Unsuck DC Metro: Rider Hall of Shame.