Bad Names for That Allbritton Local Thingy
Look, we get it. It's coming. But we don't have to be enemies! Last night a couple people in the office (mostly Cherkis) thought up some free branding ideas for the as-yet-to-be-named local site that's poaching City Paper's boss. And here are some riffs on those jokes!
- The Allbritton Post. There are pros to this approach, but do you really want people talking about what they read on "AlPo"?
- Regardie's. Also nix suggestions having to do with Riggs, Woody's, Pinochet, the soldiers at Parkington, or other '80s D.C. nostalgia.
- Metro Current. People will expect PDFs of all news.
- Creative Loafing. We tried this and it didn't work.
- Black Plastic Bag. Ditto.
- Monday-Sunday Source. Yes, it means much-needed Web revenue from Snider's Super Foods of Silver Spring. But no one can afford road trips anymore, so there goes, like, half the readership.
- Turkey Thicket Extra. City Paper owns this one. Don't even think about it, or postkiller.com. There is a reasonable chance someone here has registered one of these.
- Local Living. Ker-SNOOZE!
- NewsChannel 7.5. IMPOSSIBLE to get a decent URL outta this. newschannelsevenpointfive.com? People will fall asleep before they finish typing that one!
- Brill's D.C. Clear-ly, a doomed name for content.