Morning Roundup: Knee-Deep in the Boo-ray Edition
Mike Wise's description of the incident that has led to Gilbert Arenas' Waterloo is amazing.
A brief-as-possible summary:
- Javaris Crittenden loses ±$1,100 to JaVale McGee in a game of "Boo-ray." Arenas somehow gets involved in a resulting dispute.
- Arenas threatens to blow up Crittenden's car (he is smiling). Crittenden (no word on his facial expression) threatens to shoot Arenas in the knee.
- Two days later, Arenas lays out a selection of guns in Crittenden's locker, with a note reading "choose one." He explains to Crittenden that if he'd like to shoot him, this would facilitate the process.
- Crittenden, unimpressed with the selection of weapons, produces his own gun and loads it while singing.
- Arenas laughs and begins repeating "Look at that little shiny gun." Teammates who were watching begin to make excuses and scram.
CONCLUSION: The media is to blame.
- New Redskins coach! I can't remember the last time I was so excited. Oh wait, I totally can.
- TABLETS WILL SAVE MEDIA. (1.) (2.) Obviously.
- IRONY ALERT: Chris Dodd's retirement may necessitate a bailout of the Democratic Party. I TOLD YOU IT WAS IRONIC.
- CLOSER TO HOME: Metro Photoshop shenanigans (a propos of not much, I live for the day when I can use "Shanahaninanigans" in a headline). A long-overdue blog about conditions on the Rock Creek trail (my report: a little heart-stopping at night in the fitness-trail corridor, especially when you have to ride on the ridge because the path is too icy and good luck not thinking about that poor guy who died in the creek recently). And: Does D.C. want to be a "transit city"?
BIKE COMMUTING CORNER: If you have access to a mountain bike, this is a good time to use it. It's very slippy out there.
Thank you for reading this. Have a rocking Thursday, and use those contact buttons!