Our Morning Roundup: The Quiet Before the Petworth Storm
Good morning, City Desk readers. Your news:
- Yesterday on the MPD-4D listserv, Petworth residents tossed around the idea that the wave of violence had come to an end (or that everyone who cared had moved away), but it looks like they spoke too soon. Police are now looking for a black pick-up truck that shot at two cars last night near Farragut St. NW.
- Pop Cesspool gives his "first thumbs-down" to a Facebook ad.
- Every rag in DC has an "Inauguration Guide"–Washington City Paper's is the one you should use.
- From WaPo: Not to be outdone by PG County, Montgomery County is enacting some far-reaching legislation of its own, which will put an end to "mansionization." (Imagine someone at the planning office holding his thumb and finger close together and saying, "Your house can only be this big.")
- Also in WaPo: American kids are still "just ok" at science.
Photo by Darrow Montgomery.