Weekend Music Roundup: Straight, No Chaser Edition
- Liz Phair, U.S. Royalty. 8 p.m. $25. 9:30 Club.
- Gene Wene, The Blackberry Belles. 9 p.m. $20. Black Cat.
- Free Lobster Buffet, Honey House, The Bourbon House (all sound delicious, all are just bands). 9:30 p.m. $8. Red Palace.
- Bellman Barker, Megan Jean and the Klay Family Band, Alma Tropicalia, Fort Washington Band. 9 p.m. $10. Rock & Roll Hotel.
- Preservation Hall Jazz Band: Creole Christmas. 9:30 p.m. $45. Kennedy Center.
- Nasar Abadey, James King, Allyn Johnson. 9 and 11 p.m. Also Dec 18. $15. Twins Jazz.
- The Roches Christmas show with Lucy Wainwright Roche. 7:30 p.m. $35. Birchmere.
- Tim Warfield's Jazzy Christmas. 8:30 p.m. $20/$25. Through Dec. 19. Bohemian Caverns.
- House and Home, Bake Sale. 9 p.m. $8. Velvet Lounge.
- Antonio Parker Quintet. 9 p.m. $15. HR-57.
- WPAS Men, Women and Children of the Gospel Choir. 6:00 p.m. Free. Kennedy Center Millennium Stage.
- Beasts of No Nation, Police and Thieves, Give, The Regents. 8 p.m. $10. Rock and Roll Hotel.
- Alma Tropicalia, Watermelon, Coppertonic. 9 p.m. $8. Velvet Lounge.
- Ghostland Observatory, Dr. Jak. 8 p.m. Sold out. 9:30 Club.
- Drop Electric, Emily Wells, The Sweater Set. $10/$12. 9 p.m. Black Cat.
- O.A.R. 8:30 p.m. $69-$125. Music Center at Strathmore.
- Pieces of a Dream. 7:30 p.m. $35. Birchmere.
- A..J Parham. 9 p.m. $15. HR-57.
- Justin Townes Earle, Dawn Landes. 7 p.m. 9:30 Club.
- Kenny Rodgers' Christmas Hits. 5 p.m. $49.50-$77.50. Music Center at Strathmore.
- The Baltimore Consort. 3 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Sold out. Mansion at Strathmore.
- Vandaveer, Johnathan Vassar and The Speckled Bird, Erin Lang. 8 p.m. $8. IOTA Club & Cafe.
- The Gay Blades, OK Corral, Prisms. 8:30 p.m. $8/$10. Red Palace.