Jiffy Lube Live: At Least It’s Not Wankdorf Stadium
Jiffy Lube Live.
That, DCist reports this afternoon, is now the name of Nissan Pavilion, the performance amphitheater in Bristow, Va., that opened in 1995.
Jiffy Lube Live is pretty cringe-worthy—it's just about the most unpalatable name that immediately comes to mind. After the jump, my nominations for five venues and sports arenas that could be worse:
- SnagAJob.com Pavilion in Glen Allen, Va.
- Jobing.com Arena in Glendale, Ariz., because it is hilarious to say out loud.
- Enron Field in Houston (now Minute Maid Park)
- EnergySolutions Arena in Salt Lake City, Utah—the namesake company disposes nuclear waste.
- But my favorite, with a hat-tip to Name Wire, is this: Wankdorf Stadium in Bern, Switzerland.