Registration is now closed. Please visit Black Squirrel for special beer and food pairings the night of the event.
Doors open at 5:30pm. Program begins at 6:00pm. RSVPs will be honored until 6:15pm.
If you did not get a confirmation email and wish to attend the event, you can come by the Black Squirrel starting at 5:30pm and add yourself to the wait list. If there is room after 6:15pm, we will let people on the wait list in to the event. If you do not get in, you can enjoy many of the same beers and food pairings in the downstairs bar, which will be open to the public as usual.
Washington City Paper cordially invites you to All 'Ale the Ladies: Women of Beer Meet & Greet
Are you a lady who loves beer? Interested in learning more about the world of craft beer? Join Tammy Tuck, "Better Half" of WCP's The Lagerheads at a post-SAVOR meet and greet with women in the craft beer industry. Hear special guests talk about their paths into the beer profession. Learn about pairing beer with food while tasting beers selected by each speaker with free hors d'oeuvres prepared by Black Squirrel's Chef Gene Sohn. Connect with other women in the DC beer community and discover opportunities to learn about and enjoy craft beer.
Black Squirrel Come join the fun:
2427 18th Street NW
Sunday, June 6
Program begins at 6pm and goes until 8:30pm*
*RSVPs will be honored until 6:15pm.
NO COVER - RSVP REQUIRED- 21+
+ Featured guests and speakers
+ Specially selected craft beers
+ Free hors d'oeuvres
+ Free raffle and door prizes
Come join the fun:
- Julia Herz (Craft Beer Program Director, Brewers Association & CraftBeer.com)
- Carolyn Smagalski (a.k.a. The Beer Fox, Beer & Brewing Editor, BellaOnline)
- Sebbie Buhler (Rogue Advocate, Rogue Ales)
- Gwen Conley (Quality Assurance/Sensory Manager, Flying Dog Ales)
- Kelly Zimmerman (Marketing Director, Heavy Seas Beer)
- Ellie Tupper (Brewer/Co-Founder, Tuppers' Hop Pocket Brewing Company)
- Erin Tyler (Sales Manager, Legends Limited)
- Susan Greene (Sales Manager, Global Brewers Guild).
Featured beers available:
- Weyerbacher Verboten (Belgian-style pale ale) -draft
- Rogue Mom Hefeweizen (Wheat beer spiced with coriander & ginger) - bottle
- Rogue Chocolate Stout (Stout with bitter chocolate) - bottle
- North Coast Brother Thelonius (Belgian abbey-style ale) - draft
- Flying Dog Raging Bitch (Belgian-style India Pale Ale) - draft
- Flying Dog Wild Dog Coffee Stout (Stout with coffee) - draft
- Heavy Seas Marzen (German-style Oktoberfest beer) - draft
- Tuppers' Hop Pocket (American India Pale Ale) - bottle
- Saison Dupont (Belgian farmhouse ale) - bottle
- Ommegang Three Philosophers (Belgian-style strong dark ale blended with cherry lambic) - draft
Free food pairings include:
- Profiteroles stuffed with homemade duck liver and beer mousse with truffles and Ommegang Three Philosophers beer foam
- Flash Fried oysters in blue cornmeal with Saison Dupont orange marmelade
- Shortribs with Heavy Seas Marzen
- Stuffed tofu pockets with sesame Tupper's Hop Pocket dipping sauce
- Blood orange sorbet with house-made fortune cookies and Flying Dog Raging Bitch reduction
- Brownies with Rogue Chocolate Stout topping
Food and beer menu subject to change.
Door prizes include:
- Heavy Seas gift basket': 2 pint glasses, a ladies Heavy Seas T, VIP brewery tour pass for 2, a bar of beer soap
- Rogue gift box with Rogue hoppoes (their currency), and/or bottles of the featured beers, shirt, hat, etc..
- Tuppers' mixed set of glasses
- T-shirts or tins from Legends brands
- Copy of "Best of American Beer & Food" by Lucy Saunders
- Copy of "How to Brew" by John Palmer
- 2 tickets to Brew at the Zoo
- Washington Nationals Tickets and DC United tickets
Additional hosts for the evening are:
- Hollie Stephenson (Bar Manager & Brewer, The Black Squirrel)
- Deverie Robinson (Beer Blogger, Hurra Bier! & DCBeer.com)
- Rachel Murray (Bar Manager & Beer Education Director, The Brickskeller)
Downstairs will be open to the public and feature a special beer pairing menu including beers from Black Squirrel's regular list and special dishes prepared for the event.